Frequently asked questions
We are serious about wanting to give you the information you need. If you can't find an answer that you're looking for, please get in touch with us and we will do our best to answer you.
We've divided our questions and answers into themes:
- About TasWind: This section answers a range of questions about the TasWind project
- About wind energy: In this section you'll find answers about how and why we make energy from wind, wind power's reliability and efficiency, and the renewable energy market
- Consultation: Here you'll find answers about how we are consulting with the King Island community and land-owners, and the committments of Hydro Tasmania
- Community benefits: This section covers economic benefits, payments, port, abbatoir, and the King Island brand
- Community concerns: These questions cover how TasWind may affect the look of King Island, birds, animals, human health, property use and value, and the King Island lifestyle.
We are currently working on making it easier for you to find the information you're seeking in these FAQs, but it will take a little time. For the moment, you might find it helpful to use the 'Find' feature in your browser to search for keywords on particular pages (for example, if you are on the 'Community concerns' page and you are looking for answers about health, press the 'Control' key and the 'F' key on your keyboard at the same time to lauch your browser's 'Find' function. Then type 'health' into the search field. All entries on the page will be highlighted for you).
If you have a question that is not answered here, please submit it using this feedback form.