You are here
The TasWind Consultative Committee has been convened to represent the views of the King Island community.
How was the Committee formed?
The process used to develop the committee involved:
- Inviting residents to express interest in becoming a member.
- Receiving 49 initial expressions of interest.
- Emailing/ mailing nomination forms to all who expressed interest.
- Receiving 21 valid nomination forms.
- Selecting 15 nominees from nominations received to represent a broad cross-section of the community.
What is the Committee’s role?
The role of the Committee is to:
- Represent the views of and encourage input from the community.
- Facilitate an increased understanding of the TasWind Proposal.
- Facilitate a more effective response from Hydro Tasmania to matters of importance to the community.
The Committee is not a decision making body.
The Committee is undertaking extensive engagement to ensure the community has the opportunity to learn about the project and the potential benefits and impacts of wind farms.
Please visit the Committee’s dedicated website to learn more about their planned activities.
Who are the members of the Committee?
Please contact your committee members (see below) to discuss your issues, concerns and ideas so they are able to promote those at their next meeting.
- John Brewster
- Duncan McFie
- David I Kerr
- Troy Smith
- Karen Taplin
- Brett Thorn
- Ryan Haley
- Mark Goode
- Greg Barratt
- Andrew Morris
- Guy Barnes
- Andrea Bowden
- Rosemary Hallet
- Peter Youd
- Michael Crow
- David Bowling
- Peter Bowling
Please contact the TasWind project team on 1800 827 946 for contact details of Committee members.